We know you put a lot of thought into making the decision to have dentures and we want to make sure you always feel great about your dentures. We are going to give your five ways you can care for your dentures right at home.
1. Rinse your dentures daily before brushing to allow any loose food or debris to be removed. Then brush your dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive cleaner to prevent any scratching.
2. Dentures are fragile so when you are handling your dentures, be sure to stand over a soft surface like a towel or mat to ensure that if your dentures are dropped they won’t break.
3. Your dentures can dry out. You can avoid this by placing them in a denture cleanser soaking solution or water when you aren’t wearing them. Never use hot water, this can warp the denture.
4. To help remove plaque, brush your gums with a soft-bristled brush before inserting your dentures. This will ensure plaque removal and gum stimulation, essential for a healthy mouth.
5. Be sure to see your dentist if your dentures break, chip or become loose. Don’t try and fix them yourself, leave it to us to handle the repair.
Even with care, your dentures overtime will become worn out, this is normal. Take your dentures into your dentist, they will reline or readjust your dentures. If you have any questions about dentures or what to schedule an appointment, please contact our offices at 317-849-0999.