Improve your oral health by improving your dental floss basics. Dental floss is a vitally important part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be corrected, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of ideal tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– To ensure a new section can be used between each tooth, use a strand of thread roughly 18 inches in length.
– Floss your teeth daily for 2-3 minutes per session, making sure you clean on all sides of each tooth.
– Never use a strand of dental floss for more than once session.
– When determining which dental floss will best service your oral health care needs, look for floss that is shred resistant, specifically single filament thread.
– When choosing the perfect dental floss, look for products that are dentist-approved or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
For a diagnosis and treatment, please contact My Dental Care to book an appointment with Dr. Cynthia S. Becker & Cynthia A. Pistoia and our team at our dentist office in Fishers, Indiana. Call us at 317-849-0999. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!