Although brushing and flossing every day is an effective method for caring for your teeth, it is important to always practice safe and effective lifestyle choices to ensure your teeth have the greatest chance of success.
Listed below are keys to tooth hazards that should be considered:
– Contact sports and activities that put your smile in a place where trauma can occur will increase your likelihood of an oral accident.
– If you wear mouth jewelry, be careful of the risks they pose, including being ripped loose, or cracking and chipping teeth.
– Avoid opening products with your mouth, including cans and soda bottles.
– Avoid hazardous vices such as drugs and tobacco, as they can all seriously harm your smile.
– Use discretion with the foods you bite into, as some can chip or crack your tooth enamel.
– Chewing on inedible objects such as pens or pen caps can cause microscopic damage to your teeth or even minor malocclusions that slide your teeth out of position.
Keeping your teeth safe lowers your risk of oral emergencies due to tooth hazards. To schedule a professional cleaning at My Dental Care with our dentists in Fishers, Indiana, Drs. Becker and Pistoia, simply give us a call at 317-849-0999. We look forward to hearing from you.