A cancer of the lips, inside of the mouth, back of the throat, tonsils or salivary glands, oral cancer occurs more frequently in men than women. Early detection of this cancer is imperative, as it is much easier to treat at this stage.
There are many warning signs of oral cancer. You may not be able to spot the earliest signs, which is why regular visits to our dentistss in Fishers, Indiana, are imperative. Dr. Becker and Dr. Pistoia are qualified to detect signs of oral cancer and performs oral cancer screenings during regular dental cleaning and exam appointments. If you notice any of the following signs between visits, schedule an appointment at My Dental Care immediately for oral cancer screening:
– A lump or thicker area in the cheek that can be felt with your tongue
– Red or white patches on the tongue, gums or other areas inside of the mouth
– A sore on the lips or gums or inside of your mouth that doesn’t heal and bleeds easily
– Swelling in the jaw
– A change in voice
– Trouble swallowing or chewing food
– Unexplained pain or soreness in the mouth
– The sensation that something is stuck in your throat
We invite you to contact our office at 317-849-0999 today to learn more and to schedule your next oral cancer screening. We are excited to aid you with your oral health!