Are you aware of how important your toothbrush is to your smile? Although we often forget it’s important because it plays a small role in our lives, those few minutes twice daily often make the difference between a smile that is healthy and one that is not. To help think about what tooth brushing can do for you, here are some helpful tips to try:
– Never share your toothbrush with anybody else for any reason, even if it has been thoroughly cleaned.
– Keeping your toothbrush in a sealed container would be unwise, as bacteria, mold, and mildew typically thrive in damp areas, putting your brush and your oral health at risk.
– The proper brush should be strong, with soft bristles and a well-proportioned brush head that can easily and safely fit inside your mouth.
– To ensure your toothbrush will continue to serve you successfully, replace it every 3-4 months or as needed.
– Electric toothbrushes are extremely effective at brushing your teeth, especially if you struggle with muscle pains and weakness from traditional brushing.
– When caring for your toothbrush when not in use, keep it out of reach from other toothbrushes, as contamination could occur.
No matter which professional cleaning or tooth restoration treatment you desire, Dr. Becker, Dr. Pistoia, and our team at My Dental Care will make sure that your smile is properly treated. To schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning at our dentist office in Fishers, Indiana, please contact us at 317-849-0999. The future of your oral health is yours to control. Let us help make it great!